SEO is primarily principle and theory, but in order to confirm that what we’re doing is correct in the eyes of Googlebot, it’s worthwhile following some Google employees on Twitter – they regularly answer questions and give their opinion across regarding some implementations and strategies. If you want to be a forefront of what’s happening in the industry, these are the people to follow.
Here’s a brief list of /some/ of the Google people I follow, you’re more than welcome to add more to your personal list – if you’re regularly on Twitter then it’s honestly worth following them all. Please be advised that this Google employee list isn’t proactively updated, I’m sure their roles may change from time to time, I apologize if some of the information is incorrect/outdated.
Google Employees – Web Search / Webmaster Central
- Gary Illyes – Google Webmaster Trends Analyst
- John Mueller – Google Webmasters Trends Analyst
- Matt Cutts – Head of Webspam Team @ Google
- Brian White – Program Manager: Webspam Team @ Google
- Nathan Johns – Google Search Quality Team
- Michael Wyszomierski – Google Search Quality Team
- GoogleWMC – Google Webmaster Central (Main Account)
- Susan Moskwa (Google Webmaster Central)
Other Google Employees
- Avinash Kaushik (Google Analytics Evangelist)
- Chris DiBona (Open Source Evangelist)
- Jason Morrison (Googler)
- Jeff Huber (Senior Vice President)
- Joshua Schachter (Technical Staff at Google)
- David Krane (Google PR Maestro)
- Larry Brilliant (Chief Philanthropy Evangelist)
- Mike Leotta (Google Webmaster)
- Rick Klau (Business Product Manager)
- Sagar Kamdar (Product Manager)
I will be regularly updating this Google employee list, I’m human too, if there is anyone I forgot to add / and or haven’t updated some information, please do let me know. I won’t be creating any future versions of this, I will simply update this employee list.